Thursday, June 26, 2008

9 to 5

So now that we're set for beginning our de journey in January my plan for the job situation is screwed.

When we were going to start the process in August I was going to tough it out until around the edd or bed rest and then quit to sah. Now however that is so not an option the idea of staying at this job for year and a half (roughly) is absolutely unbearable. I won't be able to take it for that much longer. Part of me wants to stick w/ the staying until next June or so but the other part of me is thinking why? Especially since cycling would be so much easier if I didn't have to deal w/ getting time off.

I need to tough it out until after we get started to give us the extra income and to have some of the tests covered. After that I don't know what I'm going to do. If I wasn't set on being a sahm I'd look for another job ASAP so that I'd be covered by FMLA in time. Since I want to sah I'd feel really bad job hunting when I know I'm not going to be there that long. At least this job is easy to fill and I won't be leaving anyone in the lurch when I leave so I won't be burning any bridges.

I may see about going back to subbing, which I did when we were first married and I was job hunting. Also it gives me a lot of flexibility as far as cycling goes. I'm thinking the plan will be to stay w/ it until after the cycle, and once I know what the result is make a decision. If I'm not ku then I'll job hunt while we figure things out and if I am, I can see how I feel at that point about staying until maternity leave starts.

Working nine to five/what a way to make living/Barely getting by/it's all taking and no giving./They just use your mind/and they never give you credit/It's enough to drive you crazyif you let it.
Dolly Parton

No comments: