Friday, September 12, 2008

Turn! Turn! Turn!

Things are clicking along slowly but surely. I spoke w/ my RE and we should be getting the tests done pretty soon. Blood Tests, Pap, etc. on the 22nd and the HSG/SIS as soon as my cycle allows. I made a spread sheet of the things we have to do before we cycle and I can't wait to start checking them off!

We had a wonderful visit w/ my family over Labor Day weekend it was great to have a nice long weekend w/ them.

We're almost down to 16 weeks!! I'm so ready to FINALLY get moving on this. I also set up a spreadsheet of the donors to make it easier to keep track of what I think of each of them. Since the DE coordinator said that we could request a donor a few months before we want to cycle I want to be ready w/ our preferences when we get in touch w/ them. I clearly have way to much time on my hands to play w/ excel.

The only downer is Banks won't say when he wants to cycle. I did talk him into considering calling before Christmas. If we call then we should be able to have our consult in January I can start my mock cycle at the end of the month and be ready to cycle in March/April if Banks agrees and everything goes smoothly. That would mean possibly (if we're lucky and it works) having a christmas/new year's baby. I'd rather start sooner of course but I can live w/ that schedule.

I'm at a good place right now and am just focusing on getting the testing taken care of so that we're ready to move forward asap! I'll feel so much better once the red tape is out of the way and we're clear to cycle when we want to.

I'm looking forward to the new year, But I'm trying to focus on the here and now. Some days are better than others. Today is a good day and I'm looking forward to a nice quiet weekend spent w/ Banks.

To everything (turn, turn, turn)There is a season (turn, turn, turn)And a time for every purpose, under heaven
Turn! Turn! Turn!

1 comment:

DCat said...

Awesome!!!!!!! Got to love when you have dates in hand!!! So happy for you!
Things usually seem to go so much better when you are in a better place emotionally. I think the Universe knows that we are relaxed and ready for whatever comes at us. Only then do they decide they won't throw any curveballs at us!!!!!
Also, how do you change the look of your blog? Where do you get the templates??