Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wishes

I was feeling really stressed about the cost of cycling earlier this week. Our good friends are going on an awesome trip to Napa Valley next month and when we hung out the other weekend it was understandably a big topic of conversation.

It made me feel so so down about the situation we're in. I wouldn't trade cycling for anything but if we didn't have to pay a crazy amount of money to have a baby we could do so many cool things. It's just so frusterating sometimes when we are doing so great w/ saving and we don't get to do fun stuff w/ that money.

We are going to take a small trip in the next month or so we could use some time away together nad it'll be fun. We just have to figure out what's in the budget,

The good news is I checked w/ my insurance and the monitoring will be completely covered. All
my ultrasounds/bloodwork will be paid for! So that's totally awesome news.

Other than that it's the same old same here!

"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however."
-- Richard David Bach

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're feeling down about the money issue. It's not fun paying the bills every month, but it's 200% worth it! :) Once you have that baby growing in your belly, it will be the most amazing surreal feeling and you realize that money doesn't matter... I'm glad you and Banks are planning on a little trip away, it's needed especially with all the stress involved with cycling. I can't believe how quick time is flying and hope it's flying for you! Have you found out when you're starting your mock cycle yet?

Peeveme said...

Ah- I live near Napa and it ain't THAT great. I think Sonoma is better. It is very hard to think about all the other things you could be doing with that money. Vacations, fixing up the house, social causes, saving for college.

Very cool about the insurance paying for a few things. Any little bit helps.

Hope C said...

jojo- it'll be w/ next AF, around 10/30. I know time is flying!

peevme- thanks I needed to hear that ;)

Jill said...

That's right every little bit helps and so far my insurance has been paiding their portion of all my b/w & u/s's, I only have my co-pay.

I think the same way sometimes, like if only we could have a babymoon, if I get pregnant and how we might not vacation for a long time whether it happens or not. I just have to think positive and imagine all the great places we will be able to take our child in the future.